Visitation guidelines for aged care facilities updated
Published: 21 Dec 2022
Keeping our residents, visitors and staff safe these holidays is our top priority.
NVC Group has this week changed its visitation guidelines for Residential Aged Care Facilities in line with the recommendations and advice received from NSW Health.
NVC Group recognises it is important for the residents living in residential aged care to receive visitors. Receiving visitors helps to strengthen a resident’s wellbeing and reduces the impacts of social isolation on mental health.
Visitation guidelines* in Residential Aged Care Facilities presently are as follows:
- Visitors who have symptoms of COVID-19, have been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19, or has tested positive in the last 7 days, or who is awaiting a COVID test result, must not attend
- Before visitors can enter a NVC Residential Aged Care Facility, they must do a RAT test, just as staff do daily prior to their shift. If the RAT test is negative, it is dated and photographed, and entry is permitted. If the RAT test is positive, the person must stay at home
- Visitors are required to call reception at the facility where their loved one resides and book in their visit
- When inside the NVC Residential Aged Care Facility, visitors must wear a mask and their visit must take place in the resident’s room or outdoors, not in a common area. If a visitor is visiting a resident who has COVID-19, a N95 mask and personal protective equipment must be worn. Physical distancing of at least 1.5 metres must also be maintained between people
- We strongly encourage all visitors to be up-to-date with their vaccinations. If a visitor is not vaccinated, they should consider visiting in an outdoor space. If this is not suitable, staff will happily facilitate your visit, however additional precautions may be taken to reduce the risk to residents and staff.
The changed visitation guideline is just one of a range of processes NVC Group has put in place to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission and keep its residents living in residential aged care, staff and visitors as safe as possible.
NVC Group would like to thank the friends and family members of its residents and asks for their cooperation to implement these changes. If you have any questions about visitation, please call (02) 6598 5000 or email email@example.com.
*Visitation and entry processes to our Residential Aged Care Facilities are subject to change with advice received and elevation of potential risks. The above guidelines were last updated on 8 May 2023.